This exfoliating gel cleanser is the latest release by African Botanics. The Commiphora cleanser is designed to balance oil production and target uneven texture without disrupting the skin’s protective barrier. Recommended for dull and blemish-prone skin.
𝐇𝐨𝐰 𝐝𝐨𝐞𝐬 𝐢𝐭 𝐰𝐨𝐫𝐤?
There are 3 main factors that cause acne: excess oil production & clogged pores; C. Acne bacteria; and inflammation. This cleanser addresses all these factors:
1. The cleanser contains a blend of AHAs & Salicylic acid to keep pores clean and help prevent breakouts & blackheads
2. It also contains a high amount of Niacinamide which helps balance oil production & minimize the look of pores
3. Since the cleansing mix could dry out the skin they’ve added a moisturizing blend of silk amino acids and Pro Vitamin B5 to the formula to support a healthy barrier on the skin
4. African Botanics products are always loaded with anti-inflammatory ingredients, this cleanser is no exception, so..
5. There is also a new ingredient Commiphora in this cleanser that has some anti-bacterial properties.
6. The pH of this cleanser is balanced and perfect (around 4.5 – 5.5); the skin’s normal pH is usually about 5.5.
This is a foaming gel cleanser, I’ve only used it a few times, you just need a tiny amount, it isn’t super-foaming and strikes that perfect balance of leaving the skin feeling clean without passing the boundary into feeling drying. Comparing to my all time favorite cleanser-the Baobab clay oxygenating cleanser, this one is more powerful, If you have combination acne-prone skin I suggest using it once a day in the evenings as the second cleanser.
Overall, this is a well-formulated gel cleanser that removes impurities from the skin without removing protective SC surface proteins and lipids or altering pH. I’d recommend the Commiphora Cleanser for oily, combination skin types, it might not work for dry skin. I will continue using this cleanser and keep you updated.