The scientific garden of Ayuna grows specific botanical cells in-vitro within a controlled environment to produce cosmetic bio-actives. They use two main technologies to obtain plant extracts with high amount of actives:
𝟏. 𝐏𝐑𝐂𝐅 𝐭𝐞𝐜𝐡: They create an environment of stress (harsh light, high levels of salts, less nutrients) for the cultures prompting them to defend themselves by producing cocktails of bioactives. Depending on which plants have been used the result are Plasmas rich in Botanical Cell Factors with different properties:
- 𝘈𝘙𝘈𝘉𝘐𝘈𝘕 COTTON CALLUS CULTURE: rich in phenolics & flavonoids, it can boost the skin cells own defense mechanisms to overcome photo-aging.
- POMEGRANATE SEED CELL CULTURE LYSATE: rich in polyphenols, effective for brightening the skin.
- CARROT ROOT CELL CULTURE LYSATE: protects against inflammation, free radicals & DNA oxidation.
Learn more about plant stem cells here.
𝟐. 𝐏𝐡𝐲𝐭𝐨-𝐏𝐞𝐩𝐭𝐢𝐝𝐞 𝐭𝐞𝐜𝐡: They create favorable conditions for growth of plants in this method to produce natural peptides. Phyto-Peptides can increase the production of collagens type i, iii and iv:
- TURMERIC CALLUS CONDITIONED MEDIA: rich in signaling peptides, has antioxidant, anti-inflammatory, healing properties.
- CENTELLA ASIATICA CALLUS CONDITIONED MEDIA: rich in signaling peptides, helpful in reversion of cell senescence & increasing skin elasticity.
I have been using Cream I for about 9 months on and off, It is super light, not greasy at all, you need a small amount each time (double the amount for winter), smells amazing, just like you are in a SPA, spreads easily on the skin, absorbs fast, gives a matte finish (contains oil absorbents), doesn’t pill or feel sticky, does not irritate or clog pores, provides just the right amount of moisture, leaves the skin smooth and supple and makes pores appear smaller (contains Lemon fruit extract which has astringent props). It layers well on any serum that I’ve tried (vitamin C, HA, Retinal, peptide) and wears great under makeup. The 50ml jar lasted me around 5 months!
In summary, this moisturizer is potent with antioxidants & peptides to address skin aging. If you have oily/combination acne-prone skin this moisturizer is a great choice for you. It is suitable to be used around the eyes & recommended for all skin types except for dry skin.
**You can get 15% off your entire Ayuna purchase using my discount code: theskinengineer_ayuna